Monday 4 February 2008

You snooze, you lose



I was listening to some new stuff from long-time Chips favourite Chilly Gonzales' forthcoming album earlier (Soft Power, out early April). Sounding promising, the 2 tracks I heard sounded like a combination of Vince Guaraldi (who did the music for Peanuts, amongst other things), a musical interlude from Sesame Street about cooperation and maybe one of the gospel songs from Sister Act. That good.

There's a bit of a video taster knocking around. It's like one of those music workshops they'd make you do at school. Or maybe that was just my school.

Watch the Video to 'Working Together'

Seeing Gonzales and Feist live sometime soon after the Presidential Suite album dropped has to rate amongst my top 5 gigs ever, though maybe that's just because I'm writing about him now and can't remember any other gigs I've been to. It had it all, exploding cigars, safari suits, chest hair, um, Feist in a safari suit, you get the idea.

I'm trying to see if I can get the hang of this MP3 blog bullshit. I've been listening to a lot of thug rap and Baltimore club of late, possibly because I keep forgetting to update the playlist on my poxy 4gb iPod with some fresh stuff and it's all that's on there. I have a lot of time for people who make beats solely from gunshots, like this DJ Blaqstarr track. - Rob

DJ Blaqstarr - Tote it

1 comment:

Roper said...

I love the Blaqstarr track, any way you can re-up to something other than zShare? Thanks.